There are loads of reasons you might choose a dairy free diet. For some it’s health reasons, like being lactose intolerant. For others there’s the environmental impact of eating animal foods. And then there are those that just prefer the taste of milk alternatives!
Whatever your reason, we’ve got 10 inspirational dairy free recipes (using our Almond Breeze®) that are easy to make and really tasty. So there’s no need to ever miss out on your favourite meals.
For starters – dairy free light bites
1. Deliciously simple, our Asparagus and Pea Soup captures the freshness of spring and that creamy texture… you won’t believe it’s dairy free!
2. Our Chicken Satay recipe is a delicious snack and a must-have at picnics. Our Smokehouse® Almonds provide tasty signature smoky flavour and our delicious Unsweetened Almond Breeze® ensures the recipe is dairy free.
3. Our Gazpacho recipe is a beautiful spring or summer soup. Served ice-cold, the combination of tomatoes, cucumbers and spring onions is so refreshing and cool. Not only is this starter quick to make, but it also gives you a good dose of vitamin C.
The mains – dairy free main meals
5. For a lighter dish, try our Cod and Spring Vegetable Risotto. It’s deliciously fresh, zesty and creamy all at the same time.
6. Our Carbonara recipe is so creamy, you’d never know there were no dairy or egg products involved! The recipe uses gluten free pasta with garlic mushrooms and fresh pea shoots – it’s a healthier twist on a Roman classic.
7. Getting an Indian takeaway is daunting when you’re lactose intolerant or sticking to a dairy free diet, as ghee and yoghurt are common ingredients. Our Roast Squash and Lentil Curry is not only dairy free, it’s also lighter in calories and on your wallet, it’s bursting with coriander, turmeric and cumin flavours.
Desserts – dairy free sweet treats
8. Banoffee Pie with a twist. What’s not to like about a nutty, wheat free, chocolate base – filled with delightful layers of refined sugar free caramel, bananas and topped with a whipped vanilla coconut cream?
9. Our Strawberry and Lime Tart uses coconut cream and is the perfect combination of tangy and sweet. It’s super easy to make, and not very time consuming either since it’s a no-bake treat.
10. If you fancy baking, our Almond Butter Blondies are satisfyingly squidgy and yummy, with a distinctive molasses flavour. Why not give them a try
To find more of our dairy free recipes, just check out our recipe page today.
Why Almond Breeze is a great cooking ingredient
All 10 of the recipes shared in this article were made using our Almond Breeze®. It’s dairy free and, as you may have noticed, very versatile. You can use it to replace cow’s milk or cream in recipes and still create delicious dishes. Great news if you’re vegan or lactose intolerant.
Our Unsweetened Almond Breeze® is just 13 calories per 100ml – that’s less than half the calories of skimmed milk and unsweetened soya milk*. It’s also a source of calcium and is low in sat fat. If you feel like you need more calcium in your diet, we have Almond Breeze® Nutri+ Calcium. It contains 67% more calcium than whole milk^ and one 200ml serving makes up half of your recommended daily intake. You can find out more about our Almond Breeze® range here.
*Comparison based on Unsweetened Almond Breeze® at 13 calories per 100ml versus leading brand unsweetened soya milk at 31 calories per 100ml.
^Whole milk average is 240mg. Based on 200ml serving.
Information from Goodness+ is not intended to be used for medical purposes or as a substitute for professional medical or health advice.